Sunday, October 08, 2006

Missy Elliott in the BIC

Went to see Missy last night. I was surprised she was down south. Ususally the big names go as far down as Milton Keynes and that's it. But I had to go see my adidas heroine.

DJ was real good whoever it was. Then we had some random man, didn't even catch his name, but he thought he was hot, and he wasn't really. His body was ok. Miss Dynamite came on a bit later showcasing some Akala, Purple (jah ras!) and a couple of other people. I myself not big on any uk garage, hip hop scene, it just don't interest me. The songs that actually get airplay are ok, but its still not for me. Miss Dynamite was cool, so could real rap dread, fast and hard. They had the crowd pumped up.

Let me make a special mention* to the posh preppy teens who was next to us, couldn't be no older than 16, that were all pretty hyper by the ILLASTATE showcase. They looked like they came fresh out the O.C or Laguna Beach. And get this, one of the girls, tried on a cap twisted it a bit to the side and then asked to one of her other poshy ones and asked, 'do I look gangsta in this?' I didn't get it, but whatever if they were all hyper for the artists them.

Missy came on later than expected. Shola Ama and on of the so solid guys - the one with the ras were hyping up the crowd, getting ready to introduce her and shit - cool. But after they left the stage we still had to wait another 15 mins or so.

Missy was fantastic, she had some real talented dancers with her as expected. And she had a male hyperupper with her as well props to him I think his name was Celo? that's what it sounded like she said anyway.
She did a couple of outfit changes, went in the crowd- to the back. Conducted the mexican wave. She performed all her hot tracks, of course a few were missing, but she's got more than an hour's worth of hits under he belt, so no time I guess. Yes she only performed for an hour. She gave some signed shoes and caps to the crowd. Wish I got a cap :-(.

Post pics later. Tired after standing up for 3 and 1/2 hrs.

No comments: