Monday, October 30, 2006

Notting hill carnival & Alternative concept 4 2006

This was the 2nd time since I've been here that I've checked out the Notting hill scene. The 1st time I was pregnant and it was too much jamming, is more people than anything. You don't move, the crowd moves you.
Went to see Machel & Allison Hinds at Alternative concept on the Fri, headed down to the kiddies on Sunday. That was great because my mom was up here, my brother and his wife came along, and a friend from work with her son. Nice family day out.

The reason I'm putting the Notting hill pics up , its just so that you can have a glimpse of English Carnival, and I thought it was funny that is was supposed to be kiddies day. But if you look you see more adults, and not so young kids along with the odd j'ouvert reveller. The sidestreets had different things going on. Main food area was really really busy, and evrything was really really oily, that didn't stop meh though, was a never see come see situation.
There were some brazillian street dancers doing their thing which was pretty cool

ENjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jknine3/NottinghillCarnival


P.S Any comments can you post on here, not on Picasa please :-)

1 comment:

Icahwait* said...

That's a good point. One of those thing I never stop to appreciate.
What is a pothole again? I can't remember if I ever saw one here.