Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Carnival and Celebs

Hi all, hope the week going good for the masses.

What celebs you think popping into Carnival 2007 ? We know our locals i.e politicians, sports personalites, local artists etc will be around. But the foreign celebs, who'll be checking us out 2k7?Although most of the 'good ones' seem to go with IP. Last year I saw Michael Ealy up in Tribe. Dry so, I was on the side of the road and he was just walking down the road with a few people. The time I whip out my camera I just about managed to get the side/back of him. I remember all the Halle Berry rumours, Richard Branson all up in the place- don't know who he played with though? I just like to see what they make of the whole thing you know, cause its a different experience I'm sure.
That's the beauty of carnival too. Because you'll never really be around all those different kinds of people on the regular. Everybody in the same boat, same vibes, same motivation and that is- carnival.
I know my best friend is not impressed that everything should just be forgotten for those 2 days, but I quite admire it, it makes me proud and I love it. The fact that everybody who out for carnival on that Mon and Tues have one vibe going. I get goosebumps when i tell you.

On another note-
I took all my carnival souvenier magazines and photos back in work. The men seemed to hang on to the magazines a bit longer than the women but anyhow. The impression they got is that we party all the time in the road with no clothes on and we basically rude because of how they showed some people dancing in the pics. At least we not like Brasil carnival and all the titties outside. Although I see we getting there - Goddess and Defenders, and DreamTeam. I like it though not sure if I'd be brave enough, but I like it. And no i don't seriously think that we'll have full out breasts out in the road EVER.

I took one of my friend's and her husband with me to Machel Alternative Concept this year for the Notting hill. And her husband just couldn't believe how fast pace it was you know. His wife is half jamaican, and he's just a regular english guy. He's been to Jamaica and some of the dancehall scene and the caribbean nights down in Southampton behind town somewhere. He was just wondering how we do that for 2 days straight at such pace you know. He did his best though but I don't think I'll be seeing him in the carnival anytime soon.

I'm my daddy's child for real. He used to play with Wayne Berkeley every year for as long as I can remember. He used to play with some other band at first can't remember the name He played until he was in his 70's. I'd always wake up early on Tues to see him before he went off and we'd take a picture together. And Lord knows Mon morning I'd wake up and no parents in the house because they gone J'ouvert. I remember I used to try and see if I could catch them on the tv YEAH RIGHT! They didn't go to get dirty I know that, unlike me. I all in that!

He was always the one fetting (spelling?) down the place. And my mom was good with the pan. But she never used to go out on Mon and Tues or any fetes. She was happy to take everything in on the TV. But low and behold she all up in the carnival now working with the bands and ting ting. This is in her late 50's this started, she not 60 yet. Good for her, she still not on the fetes and them though. I took her to one last year, rather she took me with her complimentry. And she can't whine, bless her. ( that's me being english- awww bless, bless him, bless her - what is that about?)

Went off on a tangent as usual. That's me for now. Kickboxing tonight. I did manage to do Pump it up on Sun, all of it without fast fowarding. Trying to eat right in the mean time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fyi - Sir Richard Branson played w/ Tribe in Nylon Pool :)