Sunday, October 15, 2006

Greedy Kelly

This morning while trawling the net for a picture of Terry Seales ( Saucy Trini fans knows why)
I saw a picture of Greedy Kelly.

I remember reading about her on one of the T&T newspapers online earlier this year. She was saying that everybody in Southampton knows who she is, and Southampton is such a close knit community. On that note: -

Now, I've lived in Southampton for just over 6 and 1/2 yrs. Never heard of her. I got some of my Southampton born and bred work colleagues to read the article they just laughed. My husband is also a Southampton native he found it hilarious. He loves soca by the way, sometimes I think more than me. All while I was shunning carnival between 2002-2005 he was there getting all the latest soca.
P.s, Southampton is sooo close knit, that we've never spoken to my neighbours on the right of us. Not through any hate, its just not uncommon in this country. Southampton is a City not a little town in the countryside somewhere. She is dellusional. Its a lovely city by the way, down on the south coast of England and I'm being serious.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her at any of the fetes I went to this year, was she any good?

No comments: