Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In the UK going to the Caribbean? Going home for Xmas or Carnival? Check out T&T cheap flights

With Christmas less than 3 months away and Carnival on the brain, I put a link up to a couple of travel agents I find more than reasonable.

Now the cheapest route to Trinidad is to go to Tobago first then go over to Trinidad. And the beauty about that is, that if you not in a rush you could relax in Tobago for a couple of days, hit the beach, then go over to Trinidad. The flight over to Trinidad return is $300TT. And There is the fast boat too which is much cheaper than the flight, but you'll have to venture out of Crown Point and go to Scarborough but if you doing that make sure you have a ride or something!

The only downside to going to Tobago first is that you have to consider your luggage weight if you want to fly across to Trinidad! And we all know how important that is...

Mr Newmont uses XL, Brtish Airways, (BA) Virgin, Bwia, AA and others. Mr Newmont offers flights to Trinidad and to Tobago. The cheaper ones you'll find are the first 3 above in that same order - DIRECT TO TOBAGO ONLY. To go to Trinidad using BA or Virgin you'll have to change flights on another island, then go across. It'll be a Caribbean airline like Caribbean Star or Liat for the last leg of your journey. Flying Direct or 'via' to Trinidad will always be more expensive as you paying for convenience more than anything. Whatever works for you

Golden Caribbean is for Tobago only.
You'll find alot of travel agents and tour operators doing the Tobago flights as they are more popular, and you could probably get reasonable flights if you look around.

Our flights are already booked and paid for courtesy Mr Newmont and British Airways.

XL real cheap, it ok, but you get what you pay for. I've used them once or twice.
BWIA goes Direct to Trini but they stop in one of the other islands first for pick up etc then go over to Trinidad, but not for long you don't have to get off the plane or anything.

Now I know alot of people against the whole boat thing, but let me tell you why I mention it.
The downside to going toTobago first then flying across to Piarco is luggage weight. Because we all know that we have to bring ting for so for everybody and they nen nen. And when I flying back to England I have a suitcase just for the food alone papa.

My holidays go like this -
outside of Carnival: Call my mom and make a plan for her to come over with her car to meet up the day I reach in Bago. She meets me at the airport and we stay at my cousin's Marie's place http://www.mariescottages.com/ she has a big place, with her house in front, and 2 seperate cottages behind. She's close to Mount Irvine golf course and Buccoo. Head out to Store Bay and Pigeon Point for a couple of days then go over to Trinidad. My mom comes back with me to Tobago the same day my flight leaving or the night before and yes back in the car and the FAST boat. Park up by my cousin, go back to the beach and relax once more before getting ready for check in.

Carnival Season: Fly to Tobago, get flight same evening to Trinidad..wait for hours and hours in the airport for an earlier flight on Tobago Express and still party the same night even though I been up since about 5am London time. I didn't want to book a flight on the Express too soon after I landed just incase the flight from London was delayed, but it was early instead.

For Feb 2007 - Being spoilt again, although she offered first- Mommy will come to Tobago with her car on the fast boat and meet the fams. We go back the same evening on the boat and with luggage in her car (no weight worries). Doing a Thurs to Thurs flight so I get to be there for Fri night party and ting. And I want to make sure my son costume fit him before he have to play in Kiddies the same weekend.

I personally don't go down to the beach commess on Ash Wednesday, so I'll be looking to leave for Tobago and wind down for a day and 1/2 before coming back to Gatwick Thursday evening.
And seeing as moms all up working in the Carnival, I'm sure she'll be grateful to come with us to Tobago and get rested after all the hecticness.

No comments: