Friday, October 20, 2006

The Weather turning

Its little torrential outside, raining on and off. Lots of pools of water everywhere. Not exactly your trini floods but who wants them anyway. Straying for 1 sec it doesn't have earthquakes here.

As a vest, jeans and slippers girl, it still hard to adjust to layering my clothes properly, and I'm never comfortable when I have to be wearing one set ah clothes.
inside my house warm generally
Outside cold
work airconditioned.

Wrong, strong and Stubborn no ass - in my house in just a vest or jersey and shorts telling my husband it cold, so that he wouldn't mind if I put on the heater.

My skin is go all dry and funny in winter too. The health of my hair, skin and nails before living in this country was pretty damn good let me tell you. You don't even want to know the kinda moaning I put down between Oct and April.
My mother-inlaw come in here the other day bawling how the place hot. steuppse no time yes. If it cold outside, then it cold inside as far as I'm concerned and the heatin going on.
I'm much better than I was in the first 2 yrs I was here, when I'd be cranking the heating right up to 30 and not feeling the heat. I came here in MAY eh. But my husband at the time didn't have the heart to boff me up about it, and endured his nightly headaches. Sorry A.
Definately improved.

A friend of mine came to visit last Oct and she said to me, your house is always feel like it airconditioned so? - no I don't have airconditioning, it was early Oct and we hadn't started putting the heating on just yet.

Next friend I was playing J'ouvert with this Carnival gone there - 3/4am in the morning and we in the lil vest and shorts no duttiness on we yet, and she ask me ' Is this what the cold in England is feel like?'
I jus hadda laugh with that one. No that is what a cool summer's evening feels like.


I must say a special thank you to global warming to making the summers last a bit longer, cause we've had a good run to be now starting to go 18deg cel & under during the day, the nights are like 10-14deg only in this last week or so. We had the occasional bad weather in the summer where it was crisp at times (the BREEZE Lord it don't help). When we were having rains, and thunderstorms earlier in the summer it even hailed a little one day.

I could never sleep properly when I get back from Wushu. Its like 12.45am I deading and I'm sure I stopped making sense a long time ago, as this is an awful long blog about the weather.
Good night!

No comments: