Sunday, November 05, 2006

This is your brain... This is your brain on drugs.

Remember that friend egg advertisement? I do. All movie and hooha in the 80's about crack etc and my mother's lectures put me off. which is a good thing.
I know there is weed, then there is drugs. I've neer done the weed thing either. I used to sometimes hang out with guys that were sick on it, selling it and they'd try to get me to do it, but its always been a no no. Although if I know if I go to Amsterdam I will go to one of those cafes.

I've been hearing alot of drugs lately, and not weed drugs, drug drugs. Recreational use of it. There are just normal people hanging around that do drugs on a recreational basis. It still freaks me out. Its just normal? After the Lilly Allen concert had finished I went in the bathroom, and there was a long line, and while waiting these 2 women came out of the same cubicle.. it was either of 2 things I reckon, both of which are uncalled for.

People at work do it - coke I mean, and there is this manager who has openly said to his team that he takes heroin on the weekends????? What in the ? So wierd.
Last night I heard this story which has caused me to bring this up.
At someone's bonfire parties there were little kids about and the adults and parents were doing lines of coke, infront of their kids. eh? And the 3 yr can identify the different between tabacco & weed. She is also the type of 3 yr old that swears - she probably doesn't know how to read or write but she knows all her swear words..
Then there is the case of mother and daughter. Mother is the obviously loose type, nice person, but loose and she sells coke to her daughter. Her daughter is 19, but shit dread I mean, this really unsettles me. I don't know what to make of the situation.
These are normal people, you don't get the junkie vibe when you around them its just wierd.

I don't think I have a problem with people that have (past tense) experimented with drugs, as long as they've left it as an experiement. I don't think I have a problem with weed as its as common as cigarettes ( but should I though, its still drugs isn't it?).
But the rest of it, the last time I checked coke, heroin, crack and e's etc were all ILLEGAL! Did I miss something? Is it bad, am I being prude? What's the big deal?

leaves that funny feeling in my stomach.

No comments: