Saturday, January 27, 2007

It soon come

For those of us who aren't in Trinidad already celebrating, the time will soon come. I know there are a few of us flying in on the same day, less than 2 weeks to go now.
I got my fishnets today and my shoes earlier in the week. I know what fetes I want to go to. And I keeping my waistline in check,every so often go and wine in front the mirror with the ipod. Even my husband went shopping for some shorts. Got more or less everything my mother ask me to bring for her. And I done place my food orders for when I arrive too. We getting there, almost ready. Listening to soca919 as we speak.

I noticed things real slowed down this last week in terms of blogging.
I am ready to take a break from work already I fed up of inside there and that didn't seem to take long. Watched Rocky this Wed gone - besides all the yapping I liked the film. How he had the constant play of the soundtrack in the background (fast, slow, intrumental anyhow you like it) and then during the fight the flicker between colour and black/white for some of the shots was really cool. After the film went into a pub and one of my friends said about the Caribbean Restaurant across the road. I went into get some saltfish fritters. The owener is a Trini lady who was last back in Trinidad back in 89/90. She says her peleau skills are getting better. Well do I need to say what them saltfish fritter tasted like I could barely taste the saltfish. Nevermind! We had a nice chat anyway, lovely lady.
Fri night went mexican with the family man that was filling. Between 3 & 3.30am I was just walking around as I couldn't sleep properly with that full belly nah. Drank lots of water and got another pillow so I was kinda propped up,which helped.

Next week will be a little busy too. Film to see is Apocolypto. Will try and fit Smoking Aces in before I leave.

Have a good weekend

5 comments:

Karabana said...

My classes finish the day we leave actually, so I've been extremely busy with school, assignments & stressing!
So my mind is on that, so any blog entry would be dull for everyone :( ... But we go to Rupee tonight, that'll be fun, but I won't say Icahwait, I'll stop that...hee hee...

Icahwait* said...

so when you get back to Canada are you going to be doing that on a permanent basis?
Rupee? what he doing so far away in the midst of the carnival season. Hope you had a good time though.
I like the puns Kara don't stop

Karabana said...

I'm sure Rupee is in T'dad now ;)
It was a good time!
I have a second semester in May to take to be fully certified... hee hee, that sounds funny... ;0)

ttfootball said...

"every so often go and wine in front the mirror with the ipod" LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!

Icahwait* said...

Tt I was doing that tonight self after the gym how you mean lol. :-)
standard procedure