Monday, March 19, 2007

Checking in

I think with nothing in the near future to look foward to its not so easy to post. But I don't want to give up on this.

The hardest thing about being back from home in general is being back at work. Any little shit happens I'm straight on a 'I want to go home' scene. The first week back was very much like that. I was going to work on the bus trying to think of what I'd do if I went back home. Came up with a PA/ landlord - I know what I'm talking about. Have some property in Tobago, develop, rent etc while driving around in the baking sun, go to the beach - BIG DAYDREAMS. I even asked my husband about going back home to live when our son has to switch schools - the answer was I don't know about that = NO! He thinks our only shot of going out there now is to do property development or something. Moving along. Besides the possibility of mas 08' my next trip to Trinidad may very well be in Christmas 08 which is a very long time from now. And that makes carnival more of a likelihood.

Generally I'm back into the swing of things here now. Kickboxing is on the go, still waiting for it to be light a little bit later and a partner for running but that should be soon. Clock will be going back anyday now.
Profitshare came in so I've re-wardrobed YEAH! Cinema is back in full swing. So far Number 23, Ghost Rider, Premonition & TMNT - bring on the rest. March has been busy, I like to feel like I have a life. Dinner party next weekend - how very grown up. Just us mommies & husbands no kids. I think I'll be a little out of my league lol should be fun all the same because the 5 of us get on really well and our kids are really close friends. Ditch the kids, husbands all know each other well(playdate), bring on food & alcohol!
(for future reference;Leo's friends mom's I refer to the 5 of us/them as 'the mommies')

The biggest news is that I've cut my hair in an effort to do a 'Kelis'. I loved the style she had in her Bossy video. I've never had my hair this short and relaxed but I love it and so does everybody else which is cool. Not quite Kelis though but I can flip the long bob bit on either side.

Full mommy mode today. Got to get ready for day out and 3 boys.Laters

5 comments:

TriniQueen said...

Girl!!!! I know PRECISELY how u feel!!!
Well, since you've read my post, it is QUITE obvious as to why. Lol.
But I HAVE been considering going back for a lil while, and this man simply adds fuel to that fire... well, he straight up rekindled it! Sooo.... within a year or so... shoot...you never know...
Well, good to hear u getting back in the swing of things.... a bit hard to concentrate lol, but we have next year to look forward to please God... so hang in there till then! Bless :-)

Anonymous said...

hello, dont dare leave me up there alone just yet please.

man, i wish trinidad wasnt so SHITTY then I would be fine with everything. i cant believe i have 3 more weeks...this is scary and sad, yet somewhat exciting. i'm trying to remain positive.

Icahwait* said...

Triniqueen all the best - you go for it. I'll have to keep checking for updates on that situation

Ran I ain't going anywhere just yet, you ain't see my husband blank meh or what. We'll see just how shitty trinidad is when you come up here I waiting on you! lol
When you get a bout of that homesickness so..

Karabana said...

It's hard being back, although T'dad isn't my home. Do you play mas at the London carnival?
Love that hair style, saw they gave it to a contestant on ANTM.

Icahwait* said...

I went to Nottinghill Carnival last August, but I didn't participate. I went on the kiddies day. I'm no sure if I could ever play in it though. Its more people than mas.