Saturday, September 23, 2006

And back to Carnival

Tribe sections:

Cow Mas - from Tribe, I just don't get it. What is the story behind it? Somebody help me out here a little. And personally I not feeling the costume either. It kinda looks like an outfit more than a costume.

Pierrot Grenade - how come I not really hearing of people playing in this section??

Midnight Robber - I quite like this for a few reasons. I find you really getting your money's worth with this one especially if you play with the standard as a standard is kinda rare with this type of band. Its good to see one make an appearance. It reminds me of the kinda costume you used to get before the the skimpy, two piece and thong era emerged. And last but not least, shelding purposes. Another section no one is raving about

Jab Molassie- the frontline is gorgeous. I love the headpiece for the normal costume too. Lots of sequeny details in the belt and bra.

Jab Jab - Pretty, very colourful and the headpiece is unique I think. I like the fact that you get a choice of 3 colours for one section. Should like good on the road.

Fancy Indian - I am so loving it and I really wished I could play in this, but I was out numbered. And yes I know I've said it before in other blogs, but I can't help it. The only one issue I have with it, is that the mojave headpiece. Looks really nice, but is probably very uncomfortable, heavy even, to be carrying on your head all day in the hot sun. So I would have opted for the cheyenne. Those colours gel together nicely. I vex I not in this.

Jamette - my section, classy costume. not much to say except I wish I had the corset.

Fancy Sailor - cute, very cute. But white ain't my deal really did consider it for a minute. Mummy real like it too

Dragon - I know this is popular. The frontline is similar to that of IP's Sahara Sunset. I like the swimsuit design of them both( T-front thing ) Sexy. Like the wristband piece too for nomal section. But other than that uh....

Fireman - is sexy no doubt and has all the attributes of traditional sailor with a modern effect. My moms had real like this one too

Majorette - a little too complicated for me. the design on the costumes looks aztecish with cross between the fireman and fancy sailor but just in dark blue, and all that for me = no
Again anyone playing in this?

Jean and Dinah - Was on my short list too. But the deterring factor is that it looks like an outfit more than a costume. I could even look past the fact that its a white costume. Its classy, sexy, pretty, cute, you name it. And would probably be minimising the effects of the sun with that big hat and fan. I'd be personally be trying to use the top or the skirt again for which ever option.

Imp - I really like this one, does anyone else? It looks like it should be less expensive too

Bat - Bat frontline is a winner. Perfect colour green. I like the gold against it. And have you seen the belt for the bottom piece? Wow! I think if I had to go frontline in any section in Tribe, it would be this. BUT I don't like the normal Bat.


Dame Lorraine - Wouldn't really look twice at it, but I guess its all right.

Warrior Spirit - Not sure what the attraction is here and how come this particluar section sold out so quickly???? And I know a few people that have said the same thing. Somebody could fill me in on that. Is it the patriotic colours? That's all I can think of.

Maybe I'll do IP one tom. Tired now, its been a long day.

No comments: