Thursday, November 02, 2006

Home for Carnival

I think Kevin Lyttle sang it best;

Is long time ah been away and ah miss meh carnival, so this year I'm on a plane heading to the festival..
...mas I love you, I can't do without you, for you there's a special place inside my heart..

Ah coming home, home for carnival, tell dem I cah miss the festival again.

Well Trini I love you, I can't do without you..

I am a Caribbean citizen, and I gotta come home, I gotta come home!


That captured my feeling this year when I came back from my christmas holidays in Trini. This song could give me goose bump yes.
Was listening to it on my way home from work today. And that Machel with Dougie Fresh makes me feel positive about things that going on back home. We not giving up!

My mother already sending me emails with ting she want me to bring back for her. She was here just the other day man, for like a whole month. I told her to let me come back from Florida 1st nah, it could wait. You ever see ting so?

I still haven't listened to 2007 soca yet.. - doh stone meh.

The Dove Intensive cream is leaving my skin really smooth and soft, and I was well surprised as I need stronger moisturizers when it gets colder. Yet to see the other results though.

Last night after having my dinner of pasta and mackerel, I went to the cinema to see The Departed. What did I have? Ben & Jerrys cookie sandwhich & and mini pot of cookie dough ice cream. Yummy
Not that I was being that good all along anyway

That is the update. Have Wushu tonight which will help to burn off some of the extras.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the dove intensive, I usualy use the Jergerns extra, extra dry skin for winter but I think its not working on me anymore. Million & one reason I can't stand winter it destorys your skin.

And my family already give me they list, & just like u both my mom & dad were here for a month they went with they suitcase full and still had to ship 2 barrels. CRAZY!
But I had to remind them is only 50lbs allowed to travel and tha is my shoes, & clothes.

Oh i decided on Spain (my promotion) it starts in Jan 07. So between trying to get my family stuff and relocating which should be easy cause I am just taking my clothes, and still hoping that I can make it for carnival.
PRESSURE

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Icahwait* said...

Kevian, I like my food. I think I'm a known 'fooder' LOL
But I eat my dinner early - and yesterday that would have been about 4:45pm. Exercise days I eat about 4 so it has time to digest.

I was watching your South Beach diet post today. My Fav food is white bread & potatoes so I got some issues. I'll be allright man

Icahwait* said...

Alexia that is good news. What part of Spain will you be in?

Two Barrells?!?! they eh making joke.lol

Well at least you'd be busy, and with Spain you wouldn't have to complain too much about the winter.

The Dove is actually a firming cream so I was surprised it was doing the moisturizing so well. I try loads of different creams throughout winter. I think I settling on Palmers, I have Dove and NIvea inbetween too.

Skin, nails, hair the cold is no joke