Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 What lies ahead

Another flight out of this cold weather I could tell you that. Its still not too bad though but I can tell there was Gale force winds out there a second ago. To be completely honest out of our 10dys in Florida there were only 2 really nice days. The others were mild i.e a little bit cold or raining cats & dogs. Nothing holds me down though we braved every day that came.

Moving swiftly along. Eye surgery in the morning AH! I'm glad I've had the distraction of the holiday so I won't be backing out of it. 9.30am fingers crossed all goes well. Will report on the results when I get back.

Less than a month till I fly out for carnival now whoop whoop! I've been whooping out loud every chance I get since the last few days. I wonder where I picked that up from. Need to catch up on the tunes. Getting tickets for fetes early o'clock. J'ouvert is the next big decision carnival wise.

9 comments:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Kevian I think she is having the laser surgery,you recover from it in one day if I am not mistaken.

Report back on the results, I wear contacts but hubby would love for us both to have the surgery.

Anonymous said...

Good luck chile! Don't worry....everything will go smoothly!

buublenut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
buublenut said...

Hey girl you you getting LASIK done I did it about a year and a half back now and it's awsome. I now have 20/20 vision!!!! Recovery is not bad at all.

Word of advice (but sure the dr's will tell you) walk with eye drops for Carnival :)

Salt water is good for your eyeballs!!!

If I think back now I got it done Sept/Nov of '05 so when I reach TnT for Carnival I was just extra careful on J'Ouvert - I carried more then one rag and just made sure to remove the mud/paint from my eye area as much and often as possible.

Best of luck and congrats!!!!

How is it sleeping with plastic bug eyes LOL

hehee you making me rember the days

Icahwait* said...

thanks for the support guys. All is ok. vision still blurred but that is normal. My eyes feel fine today. I will post a report today sometime.

Pearl, smoothly isn't how I'd put it exactly.

Thanks for the advice buuble and if you have anymore I'm all ears. I took a nap when I came yesterday afternoon it took a while to adjust to the goggles girl but by last night I was fine with it. I'll have to be careful as its only just over a month till I fly out.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I want to do it myself, but
1. I am a little afraid
2. There are so many cool frames out, that I don't mind wearing glasses. (It's when I have to put on the contacts that I have the problem. WOuld you believe that sometimes my eyes reject them??!!!)

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Good to hear your surgery went well. I am awaiting more details when you update your blog, but rest up and take your time.

Icahwait* said...

I was writing the post when you posted saucy.

No longer anon - I never had a problem with wearing my glasses, I had them since I was 7 and wore them 24/7. But it was the trouble of headaches, glear, cost in getting all the additions done to the lenses when I did get new glasses, glasses always getting twisted etc. And not to mention when I go swimming I could see fuck all! I lost my son just over the holiday at a waterpark Lol.
did it for convenience nothing else. But its doesn't matter why, once you could afford it I think its worth it.

Any surgery would naturally be daunting. Its so common these days when you think about it, it can't be that bad.

Icahwait* said...

p.s no longer anon, what you mean your eyes reject the contacts? what happens lol?