Wednesday, January 03, 2007

DisneyWorld

Hello all and Happy New Year to you. Its good to be blogging again, I've been reading all the regulars before I started here. When we were leaving my husband asked me if I could stay away from the internet for so long lol well I did. I should be making up for my messed up night of travelling I'm catching up with everything instead. Husband & son asleep long time now.

WaltDisney was indescribable. We arrived in our hotel late Christmas Eve night so there was only time to sleep.

Christmas Day - we got up early had our breakfast then headed out to Magic Kingdom for the day. Man that was something. It was busy, it rained and rained but the ponchos let us prevail. And then Wishes (fireworks) to finish off the evening, what more could you ask for.

The following days were spent at the other Disney parks Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM studios & Typhoon Lagoon back and forth. They were all as exceptional and as special as the next. Maybe with the exception of Typhoon Lagoon - the water park. Blizzard Beach was closed.
Basically we stayed just on WDW. I did manage to get a day & 1/2 of shopping outside on my own, was disappointed I did get all the things I wanted or expected to get. Did manage to catch a Victoria Secret & Old Navy sale though :-)

Highlights -
having bacon EVERYDAY!
All the firework shows. your pores could stay raised for the entire time. Magic Kingdom by far has the best display. MGM's Fantasmic was pretty spectacular (don't sit at the front!) But Epcot's Illuminations was special for me, as the new year was near, at the end of the display they played Let there be Peace on Earth. I haven't heard that since school and it was just breathtaking.
Hollywood & vine diner in MGM Studios- OMG the food was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S and it was a buffet as well which included desserts. So you done know what went on there.

I remember some things from when I went to Disney as a child, but we didn't go to all the parks. So it was nice to do these things with my husband & son as they've never been to America before.
I beeped going through security at Orlando International on my way back. So ontop of all the fingerprinting and arbitory security measures I got frisked down good and proper and seperated from my family as I have a different passport to them anyhow. I didn't let it get me down I actually thought the whole thing quite funny and was laughing as such I couldn't help myself.

There will be LOTS of pics to follow I can assure you.

3 comments:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

When I have kids I will take them to Disney; can't wait to see yuh pics.

Icahwait* said...

Kevian it was truly magical, the fireworks and parades really summed up the feeling of the season.
Saucy you shouldn't wait on kids to enjoy Disney at all. It would be a good holiday for you and your hubby to take sometime. Then you could do Universal, Sea world etc one time

Icahwait* said...

We're going to wait until our son is a little older before we do Universal etc as I think there'd be more height restrictions. There was only 3 rides in all the parks that he didn't go on.