Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Eyes

Buublenut your comments are much appreciated. Karabana its not as bad as it sounds lol.
I can't say I feel that I've had a big issue with dryness. There were times last week where I'd put the drops in and they'd water so much and sting a little for a minute or two. The redness on my left eye from the clamps is fading. My right eye looks completely normal anyway. And Buuble I do wonder what people make of me when they see me in the ladies pulling at my eyelids getting them drops in. I don't even flinch anymore.

Saturday I had my check up. I was advised that everything is healing normally and looking fine. She did another eye test and again they said it was better than 20/20 even though I don't feel so. I can read the lines but it was hazed a little. Which she explained because of the dryness, the clarity of vision tends to come and go.
She still said to avoid water going in my eyes but I can wash over them closed. I'm no longer sleeping with the goggles. Was real glad to get rid of them.
Sat night I had to go out of town and driving in the night was NOT a good experience. It was raining taboot. The kind of drizzle that blows off and on too. I was squinting the ENTIRE way home and my eyes/muscles around my eyes were hurting me a little by the time I got home.

But good news today is the first day that I felt normal. i didn't have the urge to keep putting drops in (but did at intervals anyway). Also didn't feel the difference in my left and right eye vision either. No strain with lights at work and pc. Not feeling the eyeballs moving about. So I'm hoping I'm entering the good stage where I'm going to start to enjoy it now. 1st good day.

6 comments:

Karabana said...

Sounds like it's 1 of those times when the benefits outweigh the initial uncomfortableness (hah, I think I created a word!).
I have bad experiences w going to the optometrist, most recently discovering in a not so nice way I'm allergic to the anesthetic she used on my eyes to measure my eyeball's pressure by touching them w an instrument!!!!!! Oh man, I'm barely over my dentist visit, I can't go there...
:(

buublenut said...

Glad to hear your doing better - I came on here this morning just to check :)

It only gets better from here. The vision clarity should be better as your eyes heal.

On my year follow up they confirmed to me my vision is now 20/20 I am so glad :) They say is could go back after the surgery so I am happy it is consistent.

Funny thing is for me (and you will notice soon) is soon you will forget that you weren't able to see well before because you are going to get so used to your eyes.

All the best.

Have you got sun glasses to go with your costume ?? :)

Icahwait* said...

Karabana then it sounds like its not for you girl.

Thanks for checking up on me buuble. I'm going cinema tonight so I'll see how things go driving home.
I have got 2 pairs of sunglasses. But I think I'll be wearing my vintage brown one as its darker :-)

I hope you have your shoes sorted now.

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Nice to hear/read that the eyes are getting better! Are your sunglasses the Jackie O huge ones? I like those!

Icahwait* said...

Not 60's style. More 70's aviator vintage. it goes straight across at the top and big dip on both sides. They are big but not bigger than my face big.

buublenut said...

Good stuff - big glasses are a good idea because you not only want to keep the sun out of your eyes but you want to keep them physically protected as well from dust or just getting poked in general from all the mad people around you :)