Sunday, February 18, 2007

$20.00 for OJ ? nah man

I was in GP last night Saucy but aye! Was with husband. And like you, after doing the 'cute' thing 2 nights in a row couldn't deal with the foot ache nah I went in slippers, tube top & jeans. The husband don't drink alcohol.We went to get chits to get water and an orange juice. We asked for the min amt - $20. Gone across by the bar and they bawling $20 for orange juice!?!?? come again? Even my tame husband said instantly "you're joking aren't you?" My girl went back and check $20.00 yes. He is there asking if that sounding right to me. In the end I said just get it and done, What we go do? We in the people party till Lord knows when.
I had parked up by the Savannah and wanted to go check to see how the car was as it was a little pressuh for parking last night. The scanning your face thing I was quite impressed with. Anyhow it had a carnival vendor setting up his bar right where we were parked. That was real nice cause we got a couple of drinks, potato chips and sat there on the bench for almost 1/2 hr just chilling.

Destra& Naya, Kes & Nadia MASH UP! Like they have done everytime I've seen them so far. What is the Flavor Flav thing about? that woke me up for that little 5mins there yes. Now when they said the fete was to finish at 7am I know I couldn't make, but I also knew as Destra already performed that it could only mean one other person was going to be shutting down the party. I feel so bad and ashamed that I couldn't handle it to stay. When I bought the tickets I didn't even know who was performing. I vex with myself a little bit. But my consolation is that once you've seen a band perform once or twie you've seen it all.And listen nah, kiddies carnival band met up for 8.30 this morning.
Last night was the only night so far that I ain't leave the place wet from head to toe. That "down de road" ting is scandalous yes oui- I real enjoyed it in Tribe Thurs. We get on badda than bad in fron that stage Thurs night. I stil find they overdoing the 'we going so' business. Lost my cell phone all kinda ting in the madness. Loss it or somebody raff it cause it had people holding on to the bam bam 'going down de road'
From Wed night- Fri night was a constant 4-5am reach home thing and up before 10am. I jumbie!Suffering!bitching! But was that radio goes on and the soca start I fix!

We on the home stretch now and I hope everyone is having a FANSTASTIC time.
My fetting done now. Its carnival Sat today and i'm cool to just rest up till j'ouvert morning with RED ANTS. See you on the road or by Crobar tom

No comments: