Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone. Its been a really good week for life in England. Weather has picked up. My friend from Trinidad has come up here and I've started exercising/training for Race for Life.

It is good to look outside and see sunny blue skies. Its still a trick because when you go outside its still a little chilly, espcially if the breeze has anything to do with it but we're getting there. Hitting 18-20 degrees.

One of my good friends from school has come up here on a working/holiday and she is staying with me for a little while. Its great because I love any feeling of home. She brought me up some crix YEAH! She's not sure how long she'll be because she'll be looking round for a job but more London area. It was lovely to go shopping with female company yesterday. Hope she's enjoying her stay so far.

Between last Sunday and now I've been out running/walking 3 times so far. Didn't manage kickboxing this week but that's no matter. Love exercising outdoors, its very refreshing. Yesterdays trek was the hardest so far. But once the Easter fair on the common goes away it'd be much easier to stick to the route we're used to. In the early stages don't really want to be exercising round the funfair and bouncing up people you know. At least once a week running from now on.

Today making traditional roast dinner as its Easter and all, and as a first Sunday lunch in England for my friend. With a treacle tart for dessert.

Tommorow is the Saints vs Sunderland game and I'll be going to support my fellow trinis, I hope none of them are injured or sitting on the bench. Its our first football game for all of us. I'm really excited.

On Thurs LIFE IN THE UK KNOWLEDGE TEST. Only bought the books yesterday so I have alot of reading and studying to do. I am finally applying for my British Citizenship. Only to make travelling easier on the constant pestering from my husband. That will be another post in itself though.

Hope you all are relaxing and enjoying the Easter weekend.

4 comments:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Happy Easter!

I hope your friend got you the new CRIX minis with pepper cheese and bhagi (flavored lol). They are really good :P

Karabana said...

Happy Bunny Day! ;-)
We put in over 730 kms driving to my sisters & her family, then to my folks this weekend.
Since I've not been watching my diet since Carni., I'm certainly eating the chocolate eggs the Bunny brought me. :-)

ttfootball said...

Knowledge test? Do they ask things that not even native Brits know? hahaha
Hope you had a good weekend, I giving myself the Easter Monday holiday LOL

Icahwait* said...

Nah Saucy, she got me the regular crix. I ain't even hear bout them kind yet lol.

Kara I stole a few sweets from the little kids at an Easter egg hunt earlier today. Not to mention the cakes it had for the adults Chocolate AND a lurvely lemon one too. :-)

TTfootball - that post on the citizenship test is coming. And to answer your question, no Brits I know would know the answer to 3/4 of the topics I've had to read up on so far.