Thursday, May 31, 2007

Carnival 08

This option is looking more and more possible. Today, had on the soca again and its almost instantaneous the feeling of wanting to be there all up in it. Summer is more or less upon us (never mind the weather in England)and you know about August time its time to think who to play with. Been skimming the other carnival blogs like Saucy and Kara's because I really didn't want to get too involved from so early on. Having to deal with normal home sickness is bad enough. Went through that just recently.
But as for today I feeling it man. I happy and proud, and could really take on a jump and wine session about now.

Even went so far as to think if I grow back my hair in the meantime now, I could cut it again next year so that I don't have to worry about headpiece.
Lucky for those who have summer carnivals. Caribana sounding like something to contend with. Not sure what I'll be doing for nottinghill carnival, but I will definately try and hit a fete or two. Poisonuk are going to launch their new site on Fri 8th June and they'd have fete info etc.

Will be going running later with my soca playlist whoo hoo

5 comments:

Karabana said...

Well, I'm envious for anyone going next yr., as we can't :( :(, my consolation is Caribana, which is really & truly my fave day o the year anyway. :-) But you should do Nottinghill, make it your own, it'll get you through!

Icahwait* said...

Caribana as a consolation?!? are you kidding me? sounds like it'd be fantastic. Nottinghill could never compare to the likes of, but I will try and go as long as I can find someone to go with

buublenut said...

I'm crossing my fingers for next year. My girlfriend said she will come with me again but dosen't want to play mas (I am sure I can twist her arm) I overdid her this year - made her come out from Sunday right into J'Overt and then Monday mas. Not sure if I could give up J'Ouvert to play mas - this will be a hard decision. I guess if I convince her to play mas I can hit J'Overt solo :)

Icahwait* said...

J'ouvert alone or with other people but without your friend. Carnival is only once a year yes, you just have to keep going, deal with the consequences after!

Karabana said...

NO MAS??!!!!?? Yikes! :( I guess it means you really need some sleep during those 3 days. If you are guaranteed sleep, you'd play mas right Megan?
Yeah, Caribana is def the One for me, not a consolation, more my solace, I meant that I have that to look forward to since Carnival 08 aint happening.